Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) are key focus areas for our business. Our approach to ESG embodies elements of our core values including integrity, transparency, commitment and respect.
We aim to be responsible stewards in the environments and communities in which we operate. Our ESG performance is central to maintaining our social licence to operate. It includes the health and safety of our employees, our environmental performance, and engagement with communities and stakeholders.
Health and Safety
We believe that sound occupational health and safety management practices are in the best interests of our employees, our business, our shareholders, and the communities in which we operate. We are committed to achieving the highest performance in occupational health and safety to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment at the workplace. We therefore seek to eliminate work-related incidents, illnesses and injuries by identifying, assessing and, where reasonably practical, eliminating or otherwise controlling hazards.
We seek to minimise our environmental impacts by integrating environmental considerations into our exploration, core planning, operational and mine closure processes. We strive to use natural resources efficiently in recognition of their scarcity and the needs of others.
Our Community Policy seeks to develop and maintain positive, enduring relationships with the countries and communities in which we operate, consistent with our Mission to foster ‘win-win’ relationships with our stakeholders.
We commit to support as appropriate:
- Ongoing consultation with local communities and public authorities;
- Open and transparent communication about activities, including the availability of accurate information to allow effective decision making;
- Assessment, management and monitoring plans that meet international and local standards;
- Preferential use of local suppliers, services and labour where of appropriate quality and value; and
- Community development programs as developed with stakeholders.